3.25.2013

Kicks

Finally am starting to feel lots of kicking....I love feeling the baby kick.  It just makes you smile.  Tomorrow we find out if we are having a girl or a boy.  The whole time Isabella has said boy and Sophia has said girl.  We shall see who is correct.

Today was good.  Dave had to leave super early for work so I got the girls ready and took them to school.  I taught about caucuses and primaries all day (and campaign finance rules).  I talked about politicians who get in trouble for not following the law.  One of my students openly talks about her grandfather who was a former governor in a state (not Texas) that was arrested for all kinds of stuff.  Apparently he was sentenced to three years in federal prison but only served one year after being pardoned.

At the end of the day one of my students gave me a really nice tumbler and a big bag of M&Ms from his mom.  I was sooo grateful!!! It was such a nice gesture.  His mom really likes doing nice things for his teachers.  She has baked all of us banana bread, given us chocolate covered strawberries for Valentines Day.   I really appreciate this random act of kindness.  It makes me want to make sure and do nice stuff for the girls teachers.  People do not realize how small gestures or telling someone's boss what a good job they are doing can make a difference.  Taking two seconds to say something nice is free:)

When I picked the girls up from school, Isabella's teacher wanted to show me how Isabella could put together a sentence.  It was the cutest thing ever. They have this organizer with lots of words.  Isabella put together the sentence "We will go to the museum in a car".   When I picked her up she was in front of all the words writing sentences.  She wrote 4 by the time I got there...Sophia was looking at a book when I picked her up.  Both girls are doing really well at school.

After we got home the girls helped me clean up a bit and then we made personal pizzas for dinner.  We used mini pita bread and lots of toppings.  I froze the pizzas we didn't eat.  If you are reading this please say a prayer that tomorrow's ultrasound goes good...I know everything will be ok, but I am just nervous:)

One more thing...Today is Passover.  I am excited that Dave's mom is making a Passover dinner for us Saturday night.  I appreciate that the girls are learning about their family heritage:)










No comments: