4.15.2013

Best of Days, worst of days...

Wow, how can one day be so great a sweet and at the same time be so sad.  I will start with the sad.  There was a terrorist attack in Boston this afternoon at the Boston Marathon.  Someone left two bombs at the end of the marathon route. So far 3 people (one an eight year old boy) have been killed.  This is just a sad day.

On a brighter note, today was great.  One of my students received a scholarship to play softball at ULL.  Since that is where I graduated, we talk about the rajun cajuns.  This morning she brought me a bib and little girl outfit for Finley...it made my day!  Then I had a sweet boy student ask if I would help him with a surprise during class 7th period.  He wanted to ask another very sweet student to Prom.  It was too cute.  Seventh period the kids took a short reading quiz and then I played a youtube video he created.  It started off with a report about the federal budget (which is what we are covering in class)...then in the middle it breaks off to show him in a suit at the park, with music asking the girl to prom.  As the video is rolling, she (and the rest of class) is shocked...in a good way...He goes up to her with a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a cookie cake that says Prom?  It was too cute...and she said yes...I think we were all hoping she would want to share her cookie cake, but she didn't offer and we didn't ask:) haha...

This morning right before Dave dropped the girls off at school he realized that both he and I forgot to take a chocolate milk sippy cup out of Sophia's backpack all weekend...talk about a disgusting smell...so gross...That will teach us:)  Life is good....






No comments: