4.02.2013

7 Years!!!

Dave and I celebrated our 7 year wedding anniversary yesterday.  It was awesome.  I am so grateful that God brought us together.  The day started out perfectly by me walking upstairs to see that the playroom and girls room was spotless!!! Dave knew I was stressed about getting it cleaned up before the cleaning lady came.  He also got me a spa gift card...which was AWESOME!! But truth be told, the clean upstairs was pretty good!   I told him last week that I wanted to surprise him and plan our date.  We take turns every year and I think both of us have forgotten whose turn it is.

The plan was for me to drop him off at the park and ride so that after work I could drop the girls off at Christa's and Brad's house and then pick him up downtown.  The girls were super excited about seeing their cousins.  They had a great time over there. Christa even took them by the lake.

I picked Dave up and brought him to the place where we had our first date about 9 years ago called Last Concert Cafe.  It is a cool Mexican restaurant/ live music venue in the warehouse district part of downtown Houston.  You have to knock to get inside.  The funny thing is that after last night we have been 3 times and have yet to see any live music (we usually turn into pumpkins before they start playing).  I remember the food is nothing to write home about, so they plan was to have a few drinks (non-alcoholic  beer for me of course).

I then took him to a restaurant called Underbelly for our 8 pm dinner reservation.  For a Monday night, it was very busy.  It is a "foodie" restaurant with a very cool atmosphere.  We ate lots of interesting dishes.  The food was really good.  I would definitely go back with some friends.

By the time we picked the girls up and made it back to Katy it was 10:30...not too bad...but we were beat!!! Life is great!!! We are so blessed!!!!










No comments: