4.04.2013

Kindergarten Registration

Today was busy, but great!  I worked in the morning and then left around 11:30 so that I could register Isabella for kindergarten.  I had to stop by her pediatrician's office on the way so that I could get a copy of her shot records.  The school she will be attending is right down the street from our house.  I stood in line forever, to be told that I needed to fill out a stack of papers.  The paper work was funny.  It was a stack of the normal papers (immunization, birth certificate, language survey, emergency contact, etc) and right in the middle there was a form you could tell the school had created.  It wanted to know a little bit about your child. They asked if your child was in preschool and whether they knew their letters and could read (I proudly put she knew her letters and was a pretty good reader)... I had to laugh at the question that said "Look at the following list of character traits and circle five of the traits that best fit your child...be honest"...I knew exactly what they were trying to find out...do you have the kid that is wild, ADD, doesn't follow instructions, etc...For Isabella I circled:  happy, quiet, follower, enthusiastic, and something else.  I am pretty sure that any of the teachers that get her will be happy to have her in their class.  She is a little people pleaser, especially when it comes to school...she loves learning and she loves homework.  She can be a little tattle teller, which we need to work on:)

I picked up the girls and then we headed to the grocery store to pick up a few items we needed...we ran out of pullups for Sophia....yes, Sophia is still in pullups at night...we tried to have her in panties, and she kept wetting the bed most nights...she sleeps so hard.  So for now she is panties all day and puts on a pull up at night...She doesn't even seem too bothered by it...which is the total opposite from Isabella who was potty trained and out of pull ups early.  Last night I ran out of pullups and found a diaper we had. Sophia didn't mind wearing it at all....that girl:)

My friend Tara had an appointment this evening so I picked up her kids and brought them back to my house.   All four kids were sooo good and ate all of their dinner (fish sticks, mac and cheese and pasta, corn, and crescent rolls)...and fruit...They kept saying how good the dinner was....They must not have sophisticated palates...I will take it!!!

I am SOOOO happy tomorrow is Friday...This week flew by.  We have a pretty busy weekend planned.  Tomorrow night we are meeting friends for dinner, Saturday the girls have a birthday party and Christa and Brad are coming over for hamburgers, Sunday we have another birthday party...should be fun...Life is good:)








No comments: