4.29.2013

I could get used to this life!!!

Today was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!  Such a wonderful day!!!  I got to sleep in until 6:30...the girls woke up at 7am...I made them breakfast.  We took our time getting ready and then  I took them to school.  Isabella had a field trip at the zoo (she had a blast). I came back home and cleaned the house a little and then headed to use my spa gift card.  My facial was SOOO good...so relaxing...I then got a pedicure that was so good.  I was at the spa 2 hours.  I then came back home, did a little school work and then had a hair appointment.  I decided I might look for a new hair girl.  She is really sweet, but a couple of things have bothered me.  When I first went to her she charged me $75.00.  A few times later she increased her price to $120.00...I get raising your price because you are too cheap, but was disappointed she did not let me know of the price increase.  So I have been going to her for quite some time and today it dawned on me that most of the time she is really busy and doesn't have time to blow dry my hair.  Most of time I leave the salon with wet hair.  Which is not a big deal, but when you spend $150.00 (price plus tip), leaving the salon looking your best should be included.  For years I went to a fancy salon in Rice Village.  For all those years Dayna never made me feel rushed or bad about drying my hair.  Anyway, day still was great.  I came home with the girls and made dinner.

I am just so blessed that today (minus the spa) will be a reality for me and the family.  Everyone will be happy.   I get that having a baby will not be easy, but I will just be concentrating on the family!!!

Tomorrow...back to the grind...but life is good...and it is my 35th birthday....I can't believe it!!! I am getting old:)


2 comments:

THE RODRIGUEZ FAMILY said...

All I can say is WOW to how much your hair cut costs...and yes I would be pissed if she didn't dry my hair. I spend $25 on mine. Not sure but maybe you got it colored?

Sounds like you had a great day despite that little hiccup. Happy early bday!

The Wilcox's said...

thanks Elizabeth!!! Yes, I do get it colored and I do think it is crazy she won't blow dry my hair:)